Can we bring in our own vendors?


It is your day and you should be able to choose whatever wedding vendors you want to make it exactly how you want it to be so we absolutely allow you to bring in your own vendors.  However, we do have a list of vendors we can provide who have already worked along side with us and they are just as committed to your day as we are.

Can we bring in our own alcohol?


Yes, you can bring in your own beer, wine and liquor.  We will usually open the bar right after the wedding ceremony and "last call" will be at 10:30pm (9:30pm for Sunday through Thursday night weddings) and the bar will be closed at 11pm (10pm for Sunday through Thursday night weddings) and no other alcohol will be served after that.  All alcohol must also be served out of the saloon only.  You are repsonsible for hiring the bartender serving your drinks.  The bartender MUST be state certified and you MUST also obtain liquor liability insurance coverage and Cobblestone Farms MUST be listed as an additionally insured party.  Failure to provide a state certified bartender or the liquor liability coverage will result in alcohol not being served at your wedding.


How close are hotels/lodging to the farm?


We are only 10 minutes from numerous major chain hotels in Traverse City and there are other mom and pop hotels close by as well.  There are also a few campgrounds very close to the farm as well.  A popular option is to also rent houses as well and there are plenty of summer rentals also close by.     


What is the farms wedding season? 


We are open for our wedding season here on the farm from May through October.  We do tours of the farm all year long though so just let us know when you want to stop by for a visit.


 What is the farms guest capacity?


The farms guest capacity is 200. 


How late can we stay on our wedding night?


Friday and Saturday weddings have to end no later than 11pm to allow for closure of the venue by midnight.  All other days have to end no later than 10pm to allow for closure of the venue by 11pm.


How do I reserve my date?


A $2,000 deposit is all that is required to reserve your special day here at Cobblestone Farms.


What is the policy for paying off the balance after we book our date?


Your venue balance must be completley paid for no later than the 1st of the month of the month before your wedding date.  So if you have a June wedding, then your venue balance must be paid for no later than May 1st.  We will also set up a monthly payment schedule to help you spread out paying for that remaining balance. 


Is there a security/damage deposit?


There is a $500 security/damage deposit, but that is refunded back to you as long as there is nothing damaged during your time here on the farm.


Are there any other fees I should know about? 


You will have to pay Michigan sales tax of 6% just like any other purchase you make here in the state of Michigan.  There are no other hidden fees or charges for anything else.  


What is the farms date change/cancellation policy?


If you need to change your date, we will work with you as much as possible and if we have your newly requested date still open, we will move it for you.  If you need to move your date to the following wedding season, you will also be responsible for any price increases from your contracted price to the current next years price if there is an increase.  With our limited wedding season, if you need to actually cancel your wedding, anything you have paid towards your wedding date will be forfeited. 


What about set up and tear down of tables and chairs and trash removal and other personal items left after the wedding?


We will assist you and your wedding party in the set up of all your tables and chairs when we "set up" before your wedding.  As far as the tear down we will also take care of that with help from your wedding party as you have more important things to do the night of your wedding.  We do ask that you have someone help us with a quick trash pick up and removal immediately following the reception.  Unless previous arangements are made, anything left after that time will be thrown away. 


Who will be onsite on the farm to assist us during our wedding day?


Someone from the Cobblestone Farms team will be onsite at the farm for all of our weddings and they will be there for you from the moment you arrive until your last guest leaves.


Where can we find information on obtaining our Michigan marriage license?


If you are a Michigan resident you must obtain your marriage license from the county you currently reside in and that license is then good out here on the farm.  Out of state residents must apply for your marriage license through Grand Traverse County as that is the county the farm is in.  Please click on the Grand Traverse Coutny icon below and you will be redirected to complete information reagrding obtaining a Michigan marriage license. 


Print Print | Sitemap
© Cobblestone Farms TC